Friday, December 23, 2011

Two Decisive Forces


In chess as much as in life, greed and fear are the two forces that play a decisive role. Both can influence our decisions either positively or negatively. It depends on who is in control, we or the forces. As long as we are totally enslaved by greed and fear, there can hardly be any positive outcome. But if we remain in control and learn to use the forces as effective tools, then I think we will do quite well.


In the following game, I was playing the White pieces. My strength is roughly the same as that of my opponent. Greed and fear played a big part in this game, at least for me. At the end I was quite happy with my performance, but I'd like better players to educate me if I missed anything or if I could have played better.









Many thanks.
Prady.

No comments:

Post a Comment