Friday, December 9, 2011

A New Plan Is In Place

When I put up my game for reviews on Chess.com, Ben (sargentboomstick) was kind enough to offer me valuable suggestions on alternate lines I could have tried. 


Notable among them are: 
a) 4. e3 b5 5. a4 a6 6. Nc3 Bb7 7. Ne5 Nf6 8. Qf3 (he says he would have perhaps played this way, but is not sure if it is correct).
b) 6. a4 b4 7. Na2 Nxe4 8. Bxc4 (With thoughts of Ne5-Qf3)

In the ensuing discussions he mentioned the Colle, London and Stonewall. This came in good time as I had already decided to try out a new opening at the same level. I briefly looked up the Colle, and CZ appealed to me quite a bit. Therefore I have decided to study CZ instead of KG.


Wish I could post my games more frequently and gather more quality feedback to improve faster. Playing is one thing, but I wouldn't like to post a game without first adding my comments. I've still not found a PGN editor that would let me easily add comments and embed the result into web pages (Notepad is just not meant for this purpose; and I do not know why Google hasn't yet come up with a PGN editor). Nevertheless, I shall post my games as frequently as life (a full-time job and other commitments) permits me the time to annotate them. If nothing else avails, I shall publish them in my Chess.com blog -- they have a very good embedded PGN editor for their own blogs -- and provide links here.


That's it, for now. More, soon.
-Prady

No comments:

Post a Comment