Saturday, December 17, 2011

Game as Black 1



While I have decided to stick with the C-Z as White, I understand that there cannot be something similar for Black. Since Black cannot decide the first move of the game, and because there is no way to know in advance what opening, move order or variation the opponent will play, Black cannot narrow down the preparation to a single favourite move order or system.


When I play Black, I simply try to adhere to the fundamentals, the general opening principles. If White's opening involves complicated theory or too many possible variations, then chances are high that I may be mercilessly slaughtered by way of positional supremacy. In any case, if my opponent has mastered so much theory and is such a good player, I don't mind losing the game and learning the lessons.


I played this game online at ChessTempo as Black against the computer. Though I won this time, I am sure a stronger opponent would have beaten me. Have a look and let me know what you think. Have added my doubts/questions in the move comments.







Many thanks.
Prady.

No comments:

Post a Comment