Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Thirteenth Move


I was not happy with my thirteenth move in the first game. I had a choice between 13...f6 and 13...Nf6. I had played 13...Nf6 because it threatened the enemy Queen. But I felt terribly uncomfortable after playing it. Imagine my delight when my opponent allowed me to pull off a back-rank mate!

After the game my opponent claimed that he was distracted toward the end. He did not tell me what he was distracted by, but requested a rematch. I agreed with two conditions: a) that we play the same colors again, and b) that our first twelve moves, and his thirteenth move, remain the same. I wanted to try 13...f6 this time. It was agreed.

Even after the second game, I thought we both could have played much better. However, my opponent has left without any comments. He seemed to have a terrible headache.

Below are both games.

First game (13...Nf6):



Second game (13...f6):



Do let me know what you think.


---
Many thanks.
Prady.
More links at http://www.facebook.com/groups/195960723787552/

No comments:

Post a Comment